Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Menevit work?
- Menevit contains a combination of antioxidants that are thought to support sperm health.11
- What are ROS, free radicals and oxidative stress?
- Reactive oxygen species (ROS), including free radicals, are like out of control chemical pinballs, they bounce around causing damage to cells such as sperm. Oxidative stress is when there are far more ROS than the body can cope with.
- Who should take Menevit?
- Menevit is suitable for men in couples planning pregnancy who are interested in supporting sperm health and conception.
- How should I take Menevit?
- One capsule of Menevit should be taken once daily with food.
- How long should I take Menevit for?
- Since sperm production cycles take 74-78 days, Menevit should ideally be taken three months before couples begin trying for pregnancy. Men should continue taking Menevit whilst actively trying for pregnancy or as directed by their healthcare practitioner.
- Does Menevit have any side-effects?
- No serious side-effects have been reported. Some users may experience heart burn or reflux as well as a garlic after-taste, however Menevit can be taken with food to decrease the likelihood of this after-taste.
- Are there any safety considerations when taking Menevit?
- Men on blood thinning medication should seek medical advice before taking Menevit.24
- Menevit contains selenium which is toxic at high doses. A daily dose of 150 µg of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.24
- Menevit is a nutritional supplement and does not replace a balanced diet.24
- As with any supplement, anyone with a pre-existing medical condition should consult a physician before taking Menevit. And, as with any supplement, Menevit should be kept out of the reach of children.